Friday, February 19, 2010

What can be changed versus what must be tolerated? I’ve often wondered why many feel that change is always possible. In reality, change can evolve within one’s perspective, but circumstances are not always possible to change. As a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, I feel strongly that understanding the diffference between these two ideas is central to the pursuit of contentment. Learning to accept the often unbending parts of our world and simultaneously exercising our power to choose, gives us a stronger balance in navigating through real issues.

I’ve been working with individuals, couples and families for the past ten years in varying capacities. I specialze in working with adolescent issues and have discovered that teenagers often have far more resiliency and desire for change than much of the adult world may realize. Through working in schools, hospitals, family agencies and private practice, I’ve had the privilege of coming to better understand the unique needs of teens, couples and families through my knowledge and experience as a systems trained therapist.

I am most experienced working with adolescents, couples and familes. I specialize in working with teenagers with difficult behaviors, ADHD, school anxiety, self-esteem issues, depression, anger management, parenting issues, divorce and family transitions, substance abuse, internet, cell phone, video game, t.v. and other media saturation problems, bullying, learning disabilities, sibling rivalry and grief and loss issues.

I work in a highly interactive manner, drawing on individual and family strengths to establish attainable goals. I truly believe that each member of a coupleship or family maintains specfic abilities that often go unnoticed by others that can help unlock the “stuck system.” I work primarily through solution-focused and experiential modalities. However, I incorporate narrative therapies and psychoanalytic approaches when appropriate.

I received my Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology from Cambridge College, where I was trained under some of the most highly qualified systems therapists in the country. In addition, I hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education from Bridgewater State College. I have extensive experience working with adolescents with special needs. In addition, I was a member of a panel on a televison broadcast (NECN) entitled, “Educating the community in decoding teenage behavior.” My primary focus of therapy is to develop a relationship with you that is genuine, mutually respectful and focused on possibilities. It is not useful to enter into a therapeutic relationship when one is strictly hoping for external change. If you are committed to your own internal shifts, I would be happy to speak with you to see if we might be a good match.

Be well and be the change you seek.

Bryon Remo


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Call (203)577-9194
for a free and confidential phone consultation.

No comments:

Post a Comment